TGHA END-OF-SEASON SURVEY
CALL FOR HEAD COACHES
GOALIES PLAY FREE/REDUCED FEES
It takes a village to run a girls hockey association. We need your input to help us plan for our best year yet.
Click on this link to take this short TGHA survey and help us create another memorable season of play!
CALL FOR HEAD COACHES
TGHA is asking for the individuals interested in being head coach for any of the teams noted below to submit their request for consideration/approval. As done in prior years, head coaches’ applications/letters of interest will be reviewed by the board and a head coach for each team will be selected. Head coaches will nominate assistant coaches & team managers at a later meeting (board approval required).
Detailed Process for Application Listed Below
Process for Application/Key Dates for Head Coaches:
1) Submit application/letter of interest by TUESDAY May 4, 2021. There is no required format. The application/letter should state the coaches USA Hockey credentials, experience coaching, community and professional responsibilities and convey the coach’s interest in the mission of TGHA. Letters of reference will be accepted along with the application.
2) Email Head Coach applications to the TGHA Board Executive Leadership Team:
3) Applications will be distributed to the entire board for a vote at the May 11, 2021 TGHA Board Meeting at 6:30pm. The ZOOM link will be available upon request for all TGHA community members. (Voting will be held privately...non-Board members in attendance will be put in a waiting room while voting happens).
TEAM STRUCTURES for 2021-2022 Season
The TGHA Board has approved the 2021-2022 team structure for our 49th season of girls hockey (as shown below).
Note: Details for each team will be adjusted through the planning process in order to adapt to registration numbers, interests and available resources. We hope to field several Tier 2 Tournament-Bound teams at the 12U age level and above. 10U and above will have 2 on-ice practices per week on Mondays and Thursdays; 3rd on-ice skills sessions TBD; home games on Saturdays & away games on Sunday.
- 8U: 3 on-ice practices per week, co-ed with CRC/The Rink Mites (girls will register for both Associations). Girls-only cross-ice practices with some tournament/jamborees to be scheduled throughout the season. Girls ages 6-8.
- 10U: 2 assigned ice time/practices per week on Monday and Thursday with a game slot rotation each Saturday. Away games scheduled on Sundays. Girls ages 9-10.
-12U: 2 assigned ice time/practices per week on Monday and Thursday with a game slot rotation each Saturday. Away games scheduled on Sundays. Girls ages 11-12.
-14U: 2 assigned ice time/practices per week on Monday and Thursday with a game slot rotation each Saturday. Away games scheduled on Sundays. Girls ages 13-14.
-16U/19U: 2 assigned ice time/practices per week on Monday and Thursday with a game slot rotation each Saturday. Away games scheduled on Sundays. Girls ages 15-19. Note: Teams will coordinate with Ithaca High School Varsity Hockey schedule to insure no game conflicts and no double practices.
Note NEW GOALIE Policy: Goalies aged 12U and above play for FREE. 10U goalies and younger play for half-price.
TEAM FORMATION/TRYOUTS MAY 5th
SAVE THE DATE for Saturday, May 15, from 12noon to 2pm for our annual TGHA Team Formation/Tryouts! We weren't able to hold these last season due to Covid19 but we are planning to holding these sessions for girls ages 10U and older.
Cost is $15/per player. Specific age times will be posted the week of May 10th.
Congratulations to our 14U Team qualifying for States Tournament. Here they are in-between games at Niagara Falls in April 2021
*Mandatory: For use by ALL players/parents/spectators BEFORE each TGHA practice and games as of 2/1/2021.
Our 2021 TGHA Shooting Stars Tournament is scheduled for the 1st week of December 2021 (pending county health department approval). Registration will be open by October 2021.
How to Contact TGHA:
Social Media: Follow us on Facebook
Snail Mail: TGHA, PO Box 3962, Ithaca, NY 14852
TGHA’s mission is simple: to provide instruction in the game of hockey, develop individual skills, encourage concepts of team play and sportsmanship and have fun!
TGHA teams and programs include girls ages 6-19 of all levels and abilities.
Our current Board of Directors for 2020-2021 Season: